Finally, pinpoint accuracy with your edits in Photoshop!
The most efficient system for Photo editing ever created.
Edit your images with intention and remove the guessing games.
What exactly is the Zone System Express Panel?
At the root, the Zone System Express Panel is a Photoshop extension. It has been designed to work with Photoshop CC. However, it is an extension (or panel) like no other. The Zone System Express Panel has evolved from the necessity to increase photographic workflow efficiency. In past years the Zone Systems did an excellent job of speeding up the workflow, but they were based on Actions in Photoshop. Actions are great, but they require more steps than necessary to accomplish the task at hand. They also tend to be difficult to find what you are looking for as you may have acquired several hundred actions over time! Blake realized the necessity for something more, something better, and something more efficient. The Zone Systems Express Panel is the answer to the Workflow dilemma. It is faster than the old Zone Systems, more accurate, and much more efficient. The Zone System Express Panel is not “just another panel” in Photoshop. It has been expressly designed for accuracy, efficiency, and deliberate editing. Each item on the panel has been handpicked and carefully selected from years of workflow refinement. It is not convoluted with items you will rarely use and is laid with Workflow in mind.
ZSE Panel Ultimate Bundle
The Zone System Express Ultimate Bundle includes Panel and so much more! Blake has refined his workflow over the years and has it down to an art form. Three specific areas need attention while you are processing. They are Tone, Color, and Artistic Effects. In the bundle, you will receive the Panel as well as the necessary education to master photo post-processing. All of the content in the Bundle has been recorded specifically for the use of the ZSE Panel in mind. You will receive five educational modules totaling over 6 hours in length. All of the videos have been rendered with quality in mind at 1080p
- Introduction to the Zone System Express
- Installing the Panel in Photoshop CC
- Uninstalling the Panel in Photoshop CC
- Setting Up Your Photoshop Workspace
Educational Videos included in the Tone Module
- Understanding Tone
- Histogram and Curves
- Black and White Conversions
- Dodging and Burning
- The Basics of the Zone System
- Understanding Blend If and the Zone Systems
- Luminosity Mask Basics
- Intro to the Tone Module on the Zone System Panel
- The 5 and 7 Tone Heat Maps
- Understanding Color Theory
- Color Interaction and Emotion
- Color Theory in Photoshop
- Cross Processing and Color Theory
- Intro to the Color Zone System
- The Color & Analogous Zone Systems on the ZSE Panel
Educational Videos included in the Effects Module
- Color Grading – Gradient and Solid Color
- Matte Effects
- Vignettes and Spotlights
- Radiance – Making Images POP!
- The ZSE Panel and Artistic Effects
- Introduction to Workflow
- Single Raw File Workflow on the Panel
- The Black and White Workflow with the ZSE Panel
- The Portrait Workflow with the ZSE Panel
- Quick Tip: The Oil Paint Adjustment
- Quick Tip: Borrowing Masks
- Quick Tip: Large File Sizes
- Quick Tip: Modifying Masks
- Quick Tip: Mask Groups
- Quick Tip: Using Plugins with the ZSE Panel
- Quick Tip: Repairing Clouds and Waterfalls
- Quick Tip: Chromatic Aberration Reduction
- Quick Tip: Exporting for Print
- Quick Tip: Exporting for the Web
- Quick Tip: Proofing
- Bonuses Workflow: HDR Process from ZSE4 Education
Minutes of Education
Pages of Documentation
Method 1: Individual Zones
Method 2: Individual Condensed Zones
Method 3: The full Condensed Zone System
Method 4: Luminosity Masking
Method 5: Individual Color Zones
Method 6: The full Color Zone System
Method 7: Sampled Colors
Method 8: The Analogous Color Zones
Method 9: The 5 Tone Heat Map
Method 10: The 7 Tone Heat Map
Frequently asked questions
Is this a monthly or yearly subscription?
Is this an upgrade to the Zone Systems?
What Versions of Photoshop will this system work on?
Unfortunately, the Zone Systems will not Work with Elements. Some of the training in the tutorial package may apply, but the System will only work in Photoshop. The systems have been tested on the following platforms:
- Photoshop CC ONLY!
- This extension WILL NOT work with PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS
- This extension WILL NOT work with Lightroom
- This extension WILL NOT work with ON1 Photo RAW
- The panel is in ENGLISH, but is fully functional on all languages of Photoshop
*As of May 30th 2017, we were forced to discontinue updating the ZSE for Photoshop CS5 and CS6 due to the limitations of panel creation through Adobe Configurator 4. Unfortunately, Adobe did not update the timestamps for signing panels in Configurator, therefore, I can no longer support CS5 and CS6. Trust me, this hurts me more than it hurts you, I promise!
Can the Zone Systems be used with other Plug-Ins? (i.e. ON1)
The Zone System Express works with all Plug-Ins. While they do not work directly in the plug-in, you may use the plug-in either before or after. Just to give you an idea, here is my typical workflow.
- Photomatix for a baseline HDR image
- Adobe Camera Raw for pre-processing (like Chromatic Aberration, Noise, etc.)
- Fix small things in Photoshop, like straightening the horizon fixing lens distortion
- Run the Digital Zone System
- Run the Color Zone System
- Use ON1 or Topaz Plug-ins for the desired artistic effect.
- This process is covered in more detail in the Education Bundle.
With all the other programs out there why use the Zone Systems?
The Zone System Express is a Workflow Efficiency Workhorse! It was designed to not only be a Luminosity Mask panel but to completely overhaul your mindset on Workflow. The most difficult part about photo editing is having a good workflow that works every time on every image, no matter the subject.
The Zone System Express equips you with the most accurate, efficient, and deliberate editing tool in the industry and comes complete with over 6 hours of education. This is not just another tool, it is a mindset shift.
These are rather large downloads!
Please be patient, this is a very large download.
The Full Education Bundle = 1.9 GB
All of the videos were recorded at 1080p HD and come with high-res images to work with. While it is a rather large download, it is being hosted on Amazon S3′s reliable server. It is highly recommended that you use one of the following browsers to download the file:
- Internet Explorer
How secure is my payment information?
Meet Your Instructor
Blake is a self-published author and the founder of f.64 Academy. While he loves taking and making pictures, his true passion is in developing and refining the photographic workflow. Most importantly Blake enjoys helping other photographers make images they will take great pride in.
Blake takes great pride in his Fine Art background. From Acrylic and Oil Painting to Printmaking and Sculpture he has had his hands in just about every art form. This has been paramount in shaping his ideologies on Photography and Post Processing. For Blake, it is not about the act of photography, but the artistic process as a whole.