– The Last Blend Mode You’ll Ever Need in Your Workflow –
– One Blend Mode to Rule Them All –
-The Jack & Master of All Trades-
Hover over the yellow arrows to learn more about how this image was made using only the Linear Light Blend Mode.
Create Light Anywhere!
With the unique way the Linear Light Blend Mode blends the pixels in your photos, you can craft the light in your photos, even if it wasn't there in the scene, to begin with!
Add Life in Your Highlights and Shadows
By design, Linear Light was built for dodging and burning and while it works great for the tonal variety of D&B it's even better when used with a hint of color to add life to your tonal values.
Effective Color Balance
The Color Balance Tool in Photoshop works very fast, almost too fast to be effective. However, when used with the Linear Light Blend Mode, you can put a governor on it and make the most of the sliders in the Color Balance Adjustment Tool
It doesn't matter what Color Adjustment Layer Type you throw at it, the Linear Light Blend Mode will outperform all others. Here we have three Color adjustment layers making this effect, Color Fill, Gradient Map, and a Gradient.
Complete Radiating Control
You may have heard of the Orton Effect, well combine that concept with the Linear Light Blend Mode, and you have a supreme recipe for success. Attach a clipped Curve to it and BAM! Amazing radiating glow effects in seconds.
Kinda Like HDR...
... but with a WHOLE lot more control! Using ACR as a Filter and a clever formula with the Linear Light Blend Mode and you have an incredible way to introduced heightened dynamic range in your photos. Don't worry, you can use masks and blend if to make it appear natural... this isn't 2012 after all!
You'll Get Actions... of Course!
I want to teach you everything the Linear Light Blend Mode has to offer, but I don't expect you to remember everything. There is a LOT covered in this course. In the last lesson, I will give you 16 actions you can use right now in your workflow!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a subscription to watch it?
Not necessarily. I offer two options for viewing this course.
1. Elite Members can watch it on the site and download all follow along resources with their subscription access. But the download of the video content is restricted on the site.
2. You can purchase the course without a subscription and download all resources, assets, and videos.
What version of Photoshop do I need?
While the information in this course can work on any version of Photoshop, the panel will only work in Photoshop CC. To get the most out of this course, I advise that you are running the most up to date version of Photoshop CC. However, many of the items discussed in this course will be relevant in older versions of Photoshop as well.
Does this course come with everything I need to follow along?
Blake includes all of his follow along images, actions, presets, PDF’s (if applicable) and or extras. Some lessons have actions and images, some just images, others a PDF and some do not have any extras (usually the introduction and conclusion videos). Everything you need to follow along is included in the course purchase. Programs, Plugins, and Software Applications are not included. For example, if this is a Photoshop course, Photoshop is not included in your purchase.
Can you provide me with the course syllabus?
• Lesson 1: The Linear Light Blend Mode Explained – 7 Minutes
• Lesson 2: The Linear Light Practical Application – 12 Minutes
• Lesson 3: Sharpening with Linear Light Explained – 13 Minutes
• Lesson 4: Noise Reduction with Linear Light – 12 Minutes
• Lesson 5: Dodging and Burning with Linear Light – 16 Minutes
• Lesson 6: Creating Light where light did not exist – 12 Minutes
• Lesson 7: Color Dodging, Burning, & Painting – 9 Minutes
• Lesson 8: Color Balancing & Grading – 16 Minutes
• Lesson 9: Glow and Radiance with Linear Light – 7 Minutes
• Lesson 10: Contrast Detailer – 7 Minutes
• Lesson 11: Heightening Dynamic Range – 7 Minutes
• Lesson 12: Using the Actions / Conclusion – 11 Minutes
Learn How To Use the Best Blend Mode in the World!
1 Blend Mode to make your workflow 1000 times more efficient
Download NowOne Time Payment
- With this option, you will have access to the course and may download it and watch it at your leisure.
- One purchase and you are free to download and get started with no monthly or recurring fees. This option is NOT a subscription.
- Hours of course content in the membership area
- Members only Critique Sessions
- Monthly Photo Challenges
- Hop in the Community Forum
- Members only Live Event Replays
Over 200 hours of Archived Video Content
Become a Member & Stream ItLow Monthly Investment
- With this option, you may stream this course and enjoy the perks of an f.64 Elite membership.
- This option is a subscription that offers streaming courses that are not downloadable.
- ►Hours of course content in the membership area
- ►Members-only Critique Sessions
- ►Monthly Photo Challenges
- ►Hop in the Community Forum
- ►Members-only Live Event Replays
- ►Over 400 hours of Archived Video Content
Responses to the Linear Light Course
Unpaid endorsements, just pure enthusiasm
I couldn’t make these reviews up if I tried!