Photoshop Foundations: Sky Replacements
How many times have you spent good time and money to go to the location of your dreams praying for gorgeous skies? How many times did that location look impressive, but the clouds decided to take the day off? Better yet, the whole week off?
That happened to me on a trip to Yosemite during a huge 5-day workshop. We have fantastic weather, but our sunrises, sunsets and even midday shooting times had no cloud movement. Did I scrap all my shots? Heck no! I brought them home and replaced those horribly drab skies with beautiful cloud images that I had in my repository of clouds.
In this course, I am going to teach you all my tricks for replacing skies. We are going to turn those boring photos into gorgeous landscapes with these efficient and believable techniques.
The Sky Replacement Course in a Nutshell:
- Ten video lessons
- 115 minutes of education
- all follow along pdf’s and images
- 21 High-Resolution Sky Dropins
- 52 Cloud Brush Presets
In the Sky Replacements Course material, you will learn the following:
The Ethics of Sky Replacements
Selections and Mask for replacing skies
Using Blend If to replace skies
Using Blend Modes for highly effective replacements
How to Render clouds in Photoshop to mimic long exposures
How to use Blake’s Cloud Brushes
How to make your very own Cloud Brushes
BONUS Workflow analysis of finished images with Sky Replacements
*This course uses Photoshop CC 2019. It is strongly recommended that you use the same version to follow along. Photoshop CC is not included in the class.
- Lesson 1 Intro to Sky Replacements
- Lesson 2 Mask Selection Sky Replacements
- Lesson 3 Blend IF Sky Replacements
- Lesson 4 Blend Mode Sky Replacements
- Lesson 5 Render Clouds Sky Replacements
- Lesson 6 Cloud Brush Sky Replacements
- Lesson 7 Making Your Own Cloud Brushes
- Lesson 8 Long Exposure Clouds
- Lesson 9 Conclusion to Sky Replacements
- Lesson 10: Bonus Workflow Video
- Lesson 11: The Follow Up Live Event
- Bonus: Sky and Reflection Replacement
- Bonus: Sky and Foreground Selection