140 learners taking this course
The Photo Clinic
Why do you go to a clinic in the first place? You go for many reasons. Maybe a routine checkup or to get help with an existing condition or problem. Sometimes we don’t know what’s wrong with us, and other times we are seeking a second opinion.
In the world of Photo Processing, it’s always a good idea to go to the clinic and see if there is something you can get some help with. In this mini-course, we are going to take a look at common issues many photographers have. We will see if we need to focus on them or see if there is an area we can shift our focus to instead.
The name of this course comes from a workshop I did for the Calumet Photo Region. They have a “Photo Clinic” every year, and I have been fortunate enough to speak there twice.
This mini-course only includes the presentation from the event. Out of respect for the club members, the critiques and open forum discussions have been excluded.
- Photo Clinic – Introduction
- Mindset Shift #1 – Camera Settings vs Understanding the Subject
- Mindset Shift #2 – Noise Reduction vs Noise Acceptance
- Mindset Shift #3 – Color Calibration vs Color Theory
- Mindset Shift #4- A.I. P.H.I.L. vs G.I. J.O.E.
- Mindset Shift #5 – Technical Perfection vs Building Experiences
- Mindset Shift #6 & Conclusion