643 learners taking this course
Photoshop Foundations – Blend Modes
I have produced over 1300 videos on Photoshop and Photography and I can say that nearly every one of them has included a Blend Mode of some sort. Now I think its time to put all of my blend mode knowledge into one comprehensive course.
The problem with Blend Modes is we find one maybe two or three that we like and we tend to stick to them and tell all the others to take a hike. I implore you to rethink that decision. While many educators will tell you to stick to Luminosity, Soft Light, Overlay and Screen, I am telling you that there is a treasure trove of color grading goodness in Vivid Light, Hard Mix, and dare I say it, Difference!
If you are an absolute beginner to blend modes, have no fear. This course was tailored for everyone. It contains the perfect blend (see what I did there) of the how to use them with the why behind them. No matter what skill level you find yourself in Photoshop I can guarantee you will learn something and walk away with at least one new found favorite blend mode to incorporate into your workflow.
You will learn everything about Blend Modes:
- What the blend modes are in layman’s terms!
- How to understand the grouping of blend modes
- In-Depth discussions about every blend mode on relevant diagrams
- How to use the 8 Fill Based Blend Modes for incredible Color Grading Effects
- How to decode the relationships between the blend modes
- How to use Blend Modes to make intricate color masks from Channels
Included in this course:
- 2+ Hours of formal education and understanding of Blend Modes in Adobe Photoshop©
- All follow along images, diagrams, and course resource materials
- Adobe Photoshop© CC: Not included in the purchase of the course. Most of the features outlined in this course may not be available in CS6 or CS5
- Lesson 1 – Intro to Blend Modes
- Lesson 2 Normal and Dissolve Blend Modes
- Lesson 3 Darken Blend Modes
- Lesson 4 Lighten Blend Modes
- Lesson 5 Contrast Blend Modes
- Lesson 6 Equation Blend Modes Example
- Lesson 7 Color Attribute Blend Modes
- Lesson 8 8 Fill Blend Modes
- Lesson 9 Blend Mode Relationships
- Lesson 10 Blend Modes and Mask Calculations
- Lesson 11 Conclusion to Blend Modes
- Bonus Lesson – Vivid Light Blend Mode