428 learners taking this course
Photoshop Foundations: The Inverted Image!
What if I told you there is a second dimension in your photos that you are not accessing right now? You’d probably want to know more right? Especially if I told you that with that 2nd dimension of data you could make some of the most natural adjustments possible.
The knowledge shared in this course will give you access to many techniques that can only be found here! We will take the concept of Complementary Colors and Color Theory to show you where this new dimension is and how to use it to your advantage. We will use the inverted image for things like color correction & grading. We will even look at a sharpening technique that will blow you away using the Hard Mix blend mode of all things!
What you will learn:
- How to Invert your photos
- How to color correct and grade with inversions
- How to boost or reduce saturation with inversions and blend modes
- How to sharpen and boost contrast with the inversion methods
- How to access an alternate look with textures and masks
- How to use the Actions provided
Included in this course:
- 68 Minutes of formal education and practical application using the Inverted Image in Photoshop©
- An Actions Package to use after completing the course
- All of my follow along images
- Photoshop© (CC, CS6, CS5). Not included in the purchase of the course.
The Inversion Methods In this lesson, we will discuss the 2 (possibly 3) ways to make an Inversion Layer: The Pixel based Duplication Method The Adjustment Layer Method
The Inverted Color Correction Method In this lesson, we will discuss a very powerful method for Color Correction that gives you access to both the saturation of the color you…
Boosting and Reducing Saturation with Inversions In this lesson, we will talk about how you can boost or reduce the saturation in your photos using one Adjustment Layer. With this…
An Insane Amount of Sharpening! In this lesson, we will look at a technique that uses the inverted image to sharpen and/or boost contrast. With both methods the ideas are…
A Foggy Effect with Inversion In this lesson, we will discuss how we can make a natural haze or fog effect in our image with the Inverted Image and a…
The Second Dimension of Masks and Textures Just like all the other techniques we discussed in the first several lessons, Textures and Masks have another world of editing possibilities in…
In the final lesson for Ps Foundations: The Inverted Image we will go over the important information for the course and take a peek at the Actions! The Actions were included…