460 learners taking this course
Photoshop Foundations: The Basics
We are going back to the basics in this course! Whether you are a seasoned veteran in Photoshop or a beginner, the basics are important. Having a strong foundation of the inner workings of Photoshop will not only speed up your workflow, it will keep you from forming bad habits in the editing process.
Let’s face it, most people just want to dive right into Photoshop and learn magic tricks. But I can assure you, those magic tricks will only take you so far if the habits you are forming in the process are bad. In this course, we are going to go back to the basics and build a strong foundation from the ground up. You will be shocked by how much you don’t know about the most important aspects of Photoshop.
You will learn:
- How to navigate Photoshops Menus, Toolbars, and Preferences
- How to build your own custom workspace for efficiency and speed.
- The difference between Image Size and Canvas Size
- The three different layer types
- The attributes of layers
- How to organize your layers in big composites
- How and why to merge layers
- All about the various file types and when to use them.
Included in this course:
- 131 Minutes of formal education and practical application for understanding the inner workings of Photoshop to become more proficient.
- All follow along images and course resource material.
- Adobe Photoshop© CC: Not included in the purchase of the course. Some features outlined in this course may not be available in CS6 or CS5
- Lesson 1: Intro to the Basics
- Lesson 2: Menus, Toolbars, and Preferences
- Lesson 3: Custom Workspaces in Photoshop
- Lesson 4: Image Size vs Canvas Size
- Lesson 5: Types of Layers
- Lesson 6: Layer Attributes
- Lesson 7: Layer Organization
- Lesson 8: Merging Layers
- Lesson 9: File Types
- Lesson 10: Conclusion to the Basics