Elite Members can stream this course for free with their membership priveledges.
Photoshop Foundations: Masking
Masking, to some it is the best thing since sliced bread, for others it is about as enjoyable as soggy waffles. However, masking is one of the most important topics to learn early on in your Photoshop endeavors. With masks, you can non-destructively edit your photos very quickly.
In this course, we will break masks down from the very basics to some pretty advanced techniques. We will demystify masking by breaking them down into three specific types. Ever heard the term Luminosity Masking? We will even break those down too. It doesn’t stop there, once we have discussed the types of masks, we will discuss the many ways you can refine them to make pinpoint accurate masks. We will even go into Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom and explain how to make masks on the raw level of editing.
If you are new to masking this course will be quintessential, if you are a veteran, well, I can guarantee you will pick up some new tricks and refine some old habits. Let’s do this!
What you will learn:
- What are masks?
- Why do we mask?
- The essential Selection Tools to make masks
- The types of masks you will use in Photography
- Modifying masks with precision and efficiency
- How to use Adobe Camera Raw to make Masks and Luminosity Masks
Included in this course:
- 117 Minutes of formal education and practical application using Masks in Photoshop©
- 27 pages of documentation
- All of my follow along images
- Photoshop© (CC, CS6, CS5). Not included in the purchase of the course. Some features may not be available in CS6 and CS5