Elite Members can stream this course for free with their membership priveledges.
Of all the photo processes I have ever pursued, Vertical Panoramas have got to be on the top of my list of favorites. They are exactly as they sound, panoramas with a vertical orientation instead of the traditional horizontal pano. They can create some of the most powerful floor to ceiling compositions in architecture photos, or allow you to get a little bit more out of your wide angle lens.
In this course, we will explore the vertical panorama process from the ground up (see what I did there). I have a unique approach with my vertical panoramas in that I do not use expensive gear. For the most part, I use what I have with me in my camera bag, and I still obtain powerful results. If you ever thought these types of images were inaccessible to you, you are wrong! It is time for you to learn one of my favorites techniques!
- 6 Videos at approximately 1.5 hours total.
- All of the images to follow along and one practice set of exposures to explore at your leisure.
What you will learn:
- What Vertical Panos are and why we do them.
- The necessary gear for creating these images.
- The ideal lens choice.
- How to photograph the scene for the best vertical panos.
- How to stitch vertical panos in Adobe Camera Raw (or Lightroom)
- How to post-process vertical panos in ACR
- How to fix problem areas.
- Photoshop CC – This is what I use in the course
- (Optional) If you have some other pano stitching software, you may use it. However, I do not cover anything other than Photoshop CC in this video series.